1) When you would like to start one
2) To evaluate if your current strategies are aligning with your needs & wants
3) When you have an "outdated" account such as a 401K or 403b from a previous employer and you don't know if you should rollover it over or not and to where.
1) Lease expensive for coverage
2) Several options and add-ons are available such as Living Benefits and Conversion Options.
3) It is very simple and has many different uses such as Legacy, Mortgage Protection, & Student Loan Protection.
Tax-free retirement comes as the result of planning and arranging your finances ahead of time (following IRS guidelines every step of the way) so that when you retire, your distributions from your "retirement" accounts are tax free.
There are several different options that can be customized to your goals and what is important to you.